Barnes and Noble is considered the biggest bookstore chain in the United States. It has 614 retail stores across all 50 states in America.
They are different from regular bookshops, because they come with a small Starbucks Cafe, and all the benefits that a user needs.
Each and every Barnes & Noble store has a Starbucks Cafe, but Does Barnes and Noble Have Free Wi-Fi? This question came to my mind when I first heard about the bookstore chain.
I searched online then, and visited a number of forums to collect the actual information. Finally, I have been confirmed that Barnes & Noble have free Wi-Fi at all of their locations.
This means you will be able to use Wi-Fi as much as you want, but there may be some restrictions too.
In this article, I have demonstrated how long you can use their Wi-Fi, how to connect, and how to keep yourself safe while browsing the internet using public Wi-Fi.
Does Barnes And Noble Have Free Wi-Fi?
The straightforward answer to the question is, Yes! Wi-Fi is available on every Barnes & Noble store all over the states of America.
You can connect to the Wi-Fi with ease as it doesn’t require a password, and operates like Starbucks.
In some locations you may need to agree, or accept the term of use, or log in with your mobile number or other details.
The free Wi-Fi will allow you to accomplish your remaining tasks online, or read a book from the store with Barnes & Noble’s Nook Reader [E-Reader.]
As the E-book reader requires Wi-Fi to get new books to read, the place is the perfect one to buy, and begin reading a new book.
Barnes & Noble is the best place to relax or take a break, and read the book that you may have wanted to read but you couldn’t manage time.
How Long Can You Use Their Wi-Fi?
One of the most typical questions that I have seen several times in a number of forums online.
As the Barnes & Noble Stores offer free Wi-Fi, it is normal to think that there might be some restrictions including time to use.
Surprisingly, there is not a restriction to how long you connect and use their Wi-Fi. You can use it as long as you want.
They don’t have restrictions, because they want you to spend more time at their store, which increases the chances of you ordering more from the cafe, or picking up new books.
Many people visit, and stay for a long time in Barnes & Noble stores to accomplish their tasks that they do online, and read books between works.
What Their Wi-Fi Is Best For?
Barnes & Noble offers free Wi-Fi, it’s true, but the Wi-Fi has a speed limitation. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t work properly. The Wi-Fi is quite reliable even after limited speed.
They set a speed limitation to ensure each device connected to their network can use their Wi-Fi properly. This is the main way they maintain usage in their Wi-Fi.
Because of that, you won’t be up to downloading large files, and bottleneck the connection for other users on the same network.
The internet speed of B&N has been tested by the testmy.net. The highest download speed is 53.4 Mbps on their public Wi-Fi.
The speed can change, and vary depending on the location of a store, and the number of people connected, and using the Wi-Fi.
But, you have to keep in mind that, you will not have the speed if you try to download large files as they have protections in places that can simply identify large file downloads, and restrain the speeds on devices they detected.
The speed they offer is more than enough to accomplish regular work like viewing documents, surfing web pages, writing codes, or anything that doesn’t use a lot of Bandwidth.
Secure Yourself On Public Wi-Fi
Connecting to public Wi-Fi is not a wise decision if you have important documents in your device. Public Wi-Fi is not secured enough, and your data may get hacked by intruders anytime.
In that case, while connecting to public Wi-Fi, you have to be aware of your security.
Here I have given some ways that you can execute to keep yourself protected from many cyber risks.
- Do not give sensitive information while purchasing online.
- Try to avoid online transactions as it may lead to identify credit card fraud.
- Ensure that websites you visit are secure enough. In that case, you can use “https” before enticing the website address.
- If you use Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, it is better to use an extension to encrypt the precious data with multiple websites.
- Forget the network after using the public Wi-Fi.
- Install a VPN to hide your IP address, to keep yourself hidden from intruders.
- Enable two-factors authentication to the websites that you visit frequently.
- You can use Anti-Virus software as well to keep your device safe from malware.
How Do I Connect To Barnes And Noble’s Free Wi-Fi?
Connecting to Barnes & Noble free Wi-Fi is simple. It doesn’t require a password. So, you’ll be able to connect it without confronting any difficulties. However, In this segment, I have described how to connect to Barnes & Noble free Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Press on the “Wi-Fi” option, and turn it on.
- Now you see a list of available Wi-Fi connection names.
- Ask a salesman to know the name of Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Name, and password if it requires.
- Now, click on the “Connect” option.
- Drop Down The Notification menu.
- Tap and hold the “Wi-Fi Sign.”
- A list of available Wi-Fi will appear on your screen.
- Select the name of the Wi-Fi, and enter a password if it is required.
- Press on the “Connect” option.
- Go to the “Settings”
- Click on the “Network & Internet” options.
- Select the “Wi-Fi” from the left side, and turn it on.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Name from the available list.
- Enter password if it requires.
- Tap on the “Connect” option. You will be connected to the network within a couple seconds.
Barnes & Noble have free Wi-Fi at their every store. You can connect to their Wi-Fi network without confronting any hassle as it doesn’t require a password.
Besides that, you can use their Wi-Fi as long as you want, and accomplish your regular online tasks like viewing your document, surfing websites, and coding as well.
But, keep in mind that you can’t download large files as they have restrictions on downloading large files. If you try to download, they can easily detect, and throttle the connection.
However, I have tried my best to give all the information related to the Barnes & Noble free Wi-Fi. If you have more questions to know, let us know in the comment section below.