How To Find Someone’s Number On Facebook Messenger [2 Simple Ways]
Chatting with the Facebook Messenger app is the quickest way to reach people. It’s actually a Facebook product that lets users intercommunicate with Facebook friends.
However, sometimes you may need your Facebook friend’s number for a surprise call. In such situations, you may not want to ask for the number directly from your friend via chat.
So, a question may arise in your mind: How to find someone’s number on Facebook messenger?
Well, there are several ways to get someone’s number on Facebook Messenger, including from the Messenger app. If you’re confused about how to proceed, stay with us.
Here we will show you the steps to find someone’s phone number on their Messenger profile.
Is It Really Possible To Get Someone’s Phone Number From Facebook Messenger?
Yes, as we said earlier, you can certainly find someone’s phone number on Facebook Messenger. Facebook usually requires users to register either their phone numbers or email ID when creating an account. This number is used to log in to your Facebook account and enable two-factor authentication to secure your account.
Additionally, the phone number on your profile helps other users get your number easily to contact you directly. However, Facebook does not compromise its users’ security. Thus, it allows users to hide their phone numbers from their profiles to avoid wrong phone calls and messages.
How To Find Someone’s Number On Facebook Messenger?
A few people reveal their contact numbers on their Facebook profiles. But there’s no loss in trying; so, you should try to find the number of your desired friend. Below we have shown the steps to get someone’s phone number from both the Smartphone and Windows apps.
Retrieve Someone’s Number On Facebook Messenger [Smartphone App]
Whether you have an Android or iOS-operated smartphone, you can easily get someone’s number by following some simple steps. Below, we have pointed out the steps you have to follow.
- First, launch the “Messenger” app on your smartphone and log in to your Facebook account if you’re not already logged in.
- Click on the “People” icon in the lower section of the Messenger screen and tap on the little phonebook icon in the top-right corner.
- Now search for the friend whose number you want to get and tap on your friend’s name from the displayed search results.
- Once inside the chat box with your friend, tap on the “i” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on “Profile” under your friend’s profile photo and click on “View profile on Facebook,” which will direct you to “Facebook” with your friend’s profile.
- Once the profile opens up, click on the “… See Users About Info” under some information regarding your friend.
- Finally, you will get different details about your friend. Scroll a bit to get your friend’s number under the “Contact info” section.
Find Someone’s Phone Number On Facebook Messenger [Windows App]
If you have a Windows computer and want to get someone’s phone number on the Messenger app, you can easily do it. In that case, you will just have to go through some simple steps, just as discussed below.
- Open the “Messenger” app on your Windows computer and search for the friend whose number you want to find in the “Chats” section.
- Select your friend from the showing search results and hit on the three-dot icon in the top-left corner of the chat segment.
- Now click on the “View profile” option from the displayed pop-up menu, and you will be directed to “Facebook” through your computer’s default browser.
- After that, tap “About” from the menu section of your friend’s profile page. If your friend reveals the phone number, you will see it under the “Overview” section.
Can I Get Someone’s Hidden Phone Number On Facebook Messenger?
Unfortunately, there is no precise way to get a hidden phone number on Facebook Messenger. Facebook’s security policy is very strict and doesn’t expose its users’ information unless they make it public.
However, you will also find some search engines such as WhitePage and Pipl. These online services have huge databases of almost millions of people. They find someone’s number by analyzing their addresses, emails, social media profiles, and other details.
You will just have to provide information as much as you remember to find one phone number. These services usually work on an online basis, both free and paid.
However, we don’t recommend providing anyone’s information to third-party apps or online services. There is a high chance of your information being misused and leaked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many questions may arise in your mind when looking for someone’s phone number on Facebook Messenger. Here we have arranged some questions with answers that are commonly asked in this regard.
Can I Get Someone’s Phone Number From Facebook Customer Support?
Is It Possible To Get Someone’s Number On Facebook Messenger Who Isn’t My Friend?
Can Someone Guess If I Check The Phone Number On Facebook Messenger?
You now have a clear idea of how to find someone’s number on Facebook Messenger. Messenger usually allows users to get someone’s number only if the “Contact Info” privacy is “Public.”
In that case, you will just have to go through the procedure discussed above, to get someone’s phone number. But if your friend’s contact info is private, you can’t get the number on Facebook Messenger.
However, you can use third-party online services to get someone’s number, but it can be risky. This is because your provided information can be misused or exposed on the internet.