How To Unmute Someone on Messenger? – Step By Step
Mute is a great feature to have in messenger. It allows you to mute individuals or groups of people, and it’s especially useful when trying to avoid distractions while you’re working. While it is easy to mute, it is also easy to unmute, and I will show you how to unmute someone on messenger on this page.
To unmute someone on messenger is easy as you just need to move the cursor on the chat, click on the three dots, and then choose to unmute from the options on the screen. You should get a notification whenever the person sends you a message.
Also, if you are using a mobile app, you just need to locate the chat you want to unmute, hold the chat and choose to unmute from the options you get on the screen. It is as simple and easy as that.
What Is Mute In Messenger?
Mute is a function that allows you to mute your messages when you don’t want to be disturbed. You can use it to stop the notification you get whenever someone sends messages to you.
The mute feature is a great way to keep the peace, and they’re easy to use too. Just tap on their name, and then tap on the Mute button at the top of your messages. They will be muted until you unmute them again. You can mute individual chats and groups, and that doesn’t stop them from sending messages.
What Happens When You Mute Someone On Messenger?
When you mute a person on Messenger, it means you will stop seeing any updates from them. This can be useful if someone is annoying or posting too many videos or photos in a row. Muting someone does not mean they do not get to see last seen on messenger. They will be able to see you and send messages. But you will not get notification whenever they do so.
So, muting someone on Messenger is a great way to stop the flood of notifications from that person, and it can also be used to protect yourself from the kinds of messages you don’t want to see.
Also, there are some less obvious uses for this feature. For instance, if you are busy and don’t have the time to respond to every message in your group, muting someone can help you prioritize what gets through to you.
Why Do You Need to Unmute Someone On Messenger?
Unmuting a Messenger conversation is one of the most effective ways to keep in touch with your friends and family again. It allows you to get a notification, making it a great way to ensure you don’t miss anything important.
There are many reasons you might need to unmute someone on messenger, and some of them are:
- You do not want to miss out on important information and updates
- You need to respond to a message or give your opinion on a matter that has been discussed in the group you belong to
- You are expecting a message from the person
How To Unmute Someone On Messenger
If you want to unmute someone on messenger, it is such an easy thing to do. Below, I will share with you the simple way you can do that without the help of anyone.
You Can Unmute Using The Messenger Mobile App
1. Launch the Messenger mobile app
2. Locate the person or the group chat you have muted
3. Hold the chat
4. You will see commands on the screen
5. Select unmute, and you will get a notification after that once the person sends messages
- Launch the app
- Locate the person you want to unmute
- Click on the chat
- At the top of the screen, click on the name of the person
- The next screen will show the person’s profile
- Beside the profile, you will see a bell icon
- Click on the bell icon which says unmute
- After that, you should get messages from the person onward
You Can Unmute Using The Browser Mode
- Launch your favorite browser
- Visit facebook.com
- Locate the messenger icon at the top right of the screen
- Click and choose show all in messenger
- Move your cursor on the chat you want to unmute
- You should see three dots
- Click on the three dots and then choose to unmute from the options given
- You should get notification onward from the person whenever he/she sent messages
One of the features I appreciate and often use on messenger is the mute feature. It helps me enjoy my privacy and keep off all forms of disturbance from unwanted messages. However, I have come to realize that I do miss many important updates which is the reason I do unmute some chats.
So, on this page, I have shared ways on how to unmute someone on messenger if you find yourself looking for the solution. We have got you covered here.