A XEX file is only designed for the Microsoft Xbox 360 game console, which contains game data. Since this file is designed only for the Xbox game console, opening it on different operating systems can be quite difficult.
However, it’s difficult, not impossible and there are many ways that you can follow to open a Xex file on Mac, Windows, etc.
And if you specifically want to know how to open Xex files on Mac, you can take help from the Unarchiver application. This Unarchiver app is available in the Mac App Store.
Plus, this article can help you know the process of using the Unarchiver app and other ways to open Xex files.
What Are XEX Files?
Basically, Xex is a game executable file containing Xbox 360 gaming files. This type of file contains all the video games and applications developed solely for the Xbox 360 game console.
However, here we’ve included some facts about the Xex file. Check out the section below:
- A XEX file is a video game or any other application developed by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 gaming console.
- The XEX file updates the 360 game console so that it is backward to the original Xbox games.
- The file is designed to run on the 360 Xbox and will not open on PC. The file goes by the common name ‘ default.xex’.
- Once it updates the 360 Xbox game consoles, it takes it back to the original Xbox games.
How To Open Xex Files On Mac?
Opening a Xex file on a Mac operating system is super easy and for that, you don’t have to spend dollars on the mother program. So how exactly can you open a Xex file on a Mac? Well, in that case, you can take help from several programs like Unarchiver, File Magic, and so on.
And we’ll show you multiple ways to launch Xex files on Mac. Have a look:
Method: 1- Use the Unarchiver Program
Archiver is free software and can be downloaded from the official website. To open a Xex file through Archiver, you need to follow these steps:
- Start with getting the Unarchiver and install it on your device. You’ll find this app in the Mac App Store
- Once the installation is done, now right-click on the Xex file that you have on your Mac. From there select open with the Unarchiver application
The Xex file’s contents will now be extracted by the Unarchiver and placed in a new folder in the same location. Once the extraction is done, now open the new folder and double-click on the file to view the contents.
Method: 2- Use The File Magic Program
Another solution you can follow to open a Xex file on your Mac device is taking help from a universal file viewer. Here, we will use the File Magic program to open and view the Xex file.
And if you want to know the use process of the File Magic program, follow the section below:
- You can download the File Magic software from the official website and install it on your Mac.
- Once the installation is done, now drag and drop the Xex file, and you’re done.
See, it is that simple. So, before getting frustrated about opening the Xex file on your Mac, simply try one of these methods.
See Also: How To Open Reg Files On Mac?
How To Open Xex File On Windows?
Alongside the Mac device, you can also open Xex files on your windows operating system. And to do so, you can take help from any free and open-source file archiver like the 7-Zip.
Method: 1- Take Help From 7-Zip Program
Here we’re going to use the 7-Zip to show you how to open Xex files on the windows operating system. Have a look:
- First, make sure you have the required Xex file on your PC
- After that, download and install the 7-Zip program from its official website
- Once the installation is done, now right-click on your Xex file and select open with 7-Zip
- Again select “Open archive” and then you’ll be able to see the contents of your Xex file
Now all you have to do is double-click on the file you want to view as well as extract.
Method: 2- Find out A Compatible App
We have included another method that you can follow to open the Xex file on Windows. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Find the exact Xex file on Windows and double-click on it. It is usually located on the Windows Explorer file.
- The files will launch the corresponding application. If a compatible application is available on your PC, the file will open automatically.
- However, if there is no compatible application, you’ll get the message ‘Windows can’t open file’ on the screen. The error message should provide instructions for using a compatible application.
- Download and run the compatible application and try double-clicking your Xex file again.
Can You Open Xex Files On Smartphones?
When it’s about opening Xex files on Android and iOS devices, the good news is that you can easily do it. And to open Xex files on iPhone and Android phones, you need to take help from several programs.
You can use filemagic APK for android phones. On the other hand, you can use the Archives app to open Xex files on iOS devices. And you’ll easily find the Archives app on the Apple Store.
Although it’s possible to open a Xex file on Android and iOS devices, viewing these files on big screens is always a good idea. When you open a Xex file on a desktop or Mac device, you’ll get good visibility of the contents of the Xex file.
Well, that’s it from us. Now you know how to open Xex files on Mac and many other devices like windows, android, and iOS devices. Just try to follow the given guidelines carefully to get desired results.
Among all the solutions, follow the first method to open the Xex file on a Mac device. On the other hand, the first method which is the 7-Zip program will be the best option for opening the Xex file on Windows.
Just try one of the methods and open Xex files without having the mother program. And if you face any problem while installing any program, let us know for a reliable solution.