Verizon Router Yellow Light: How To Fix It?
Routers and extenders are available in different displays of LEDs, blinking with several colors. These assorted colors represent the current state or condition of the routers. If you own Verizon FIOS equipment, you might have observed distinct colors of light flashing randomly.However, if your device has not done that, then it might be new. Understanding the purpose of these different lights can help determine the issue with your router. Nevertheless, one router light confuses many people is the yellow light. If you ever had that challenge and searched through different forums for a reliable solution, then you are at the right place.
This write-up will explore the issue with your Verizon router yellow light and how you can fix it. Furthermore, you will learn what other lights on your device represent.
Why Is My Verizon Router Light Yellow?
Normally, most routers will indicate a yellow light when there is no internet connection. This is evident when you search or do something online through your browser. You will see no internet connection.
You can check for unplugged or loose cable, which might be the primary issue. On the other hand, you can reboot your Verizon router or reset to the default properties. This will solve the problem in most cases, and your router will start working.
Verizon Router Yellow Light: How To Fix It?
There are several reasons why your Verizon router might show a yellow light. A yellow light is an indication that it has a connection issue. When troubleshooting this situation, you can do different things to pinpoint the main problem. To help you, here are a few ways to fix a Verizon router yellow light situation.
1. Check The Ethernet Cable
Once you observe the light on your Verizon router showing yellow, you can check if the cables are properly connected. The cable enables you to connect the router to the internet service provider, which allows you to receive a WiFi connection throughout your home. In some cases, the Ethernet cable might be damaged or loose.
In this situation, you must check the Ethernet cable first. Here is how to do that.
- Look at your router back; you will see two cables.
- After seeing it, look for any loose cable that is not properly connected. Push the cables to the router gently before turning the router on to see if the connection starts working.
- Peradventure, it did not work, you can check if the cables are damaged. The cable can sometimes wear off over time, especially if you have used the router for years. Some household pests can damage the cable. Depending on your findings, you can contact a technician to replace or tighten the cable.
2. Reboot The Router
Another solution to fix your Verizon router yellow light issue is to reboot the router. If the Ethernet cables are intact without any damaged or loose ends, you can try rebooting the router. Here is the process to reboot your router.
- Switch the router off. Nowadays, most routers come with a backup battery. Therefore, ensure you disconnect the battery before starting.
- After switching the router off, wait for 30 seconds before switching it on. When doing this, ensure you reconnect the backup battery if your router has one.
- If the router shows a white light, it means you have a working connection. Therefore, everything is working properly as you have fixed your Verizon router yellow light issue.
Note: In most situations, rebooting your router is the quickest way to resolve your yellow light issue. It will get you back connected to the internet as you continue with your other activities.
3. Unplug The Ethernet Cable
This method is like the previous one, but you must unplug the cable here. To rectify your Verizon router yellow light issue, unplug the cable and router. Switch the router and wait if the green light shows back. For a few seconds, it will show an orange color. Plug the Ethernet cable into the router. Reboot the router again, and it will resolve the issue.
4. Router Overheating
Another culprit for your router showing a yellow light is due to overheating. You might experience connection problems when your router begins to heat up in most situations. Newer routers are designed to prevent overheating. However, if you observe your router heating up, you might consider turning it off for a while before switching it back.
Notwithstanding, ensure you disconnect the backup batteries to avoid the router running despite shutting it down. Furthermore, change the position of your router to a place where it can receive air. In addition, ensure it is not close to any heating vent or item that blocks air from touching it.
5. Reset Your Verizon Router
If none of the above options worked, you might want to reset your router to its factory setting. There are several benefits when you reset your router to the factory setting. These benefits include:
- Clearing your cache data
- It stops any malicious attack or hacking on your hardware
Resetting your router is not a tricky thing because you will see the reset button at the back of your router. Press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds. Your router will reboot, and your connection will return to normal after a few minutes.
6. Verizon Yellow Light Blinking
If you see your router’s yellow light blinking, it means it has an extender pairing, which is far from the router. Because of the distance, it lacks a strong signal adequate for the connection to work. The faster the yellow light blinks, the closer the extender gets within your router signal range.
Interestingly, you can fix it straightforwardly by moving the extender closer to your router pending when the yellow blinking light turns solid. Once the pairing completes, you will understand something clearly at last turned to white, indicating a strong signal or connection.
7. Contact A Verizon Customer Support
Nevertheless, your Verizon router is an electronic device that can develop faults. Sometimes, these faults cannot be resolved using the methods mentioned above. You can contact the support team to rectify the Verizon router yellow light issue in such a situation.
Certain maintenance is beyond your technical abilities that can affect your internet connection. So, contact the support time to solve the issue. If there is no solution, it means you must purchase a new Verizon router for your internet connection.
View It: Why Do Modems Need To Be Reset?
What Color Should the Light Be on My Verizon Router?
Normally, your Verizon router should indicate a white light, showing that you have a good internet connection. The white light is the only light you should look forward to; else, it means something is wrong. Let us look at what each color light indicates on your Verizon router.
- Solid white light: As mentioned above, a solid white light indicates your router is turned on and connected to the internet. Alternatively, it is functioning normally, and there is no issue with it.
- Blue light: When you press the router WPS button, you will see a blue light blinking, indicating that it is in pairing mode. Immediately the pairing gets completed, it will change to a solid blue light, which shows the pairing is successful.
- Green light: If you see a green light on the router, it means you have turned the WiFi off. Therefore, you must open the settings through your router app and turn it on to resolve this issue. Ensure you apply the changes for it to take effect.
- Red light: A red light on your router indicates a system or hardware failure. If the red light blinks fast, it means your router is overheating. However, if the light blinks slowly, it indicates a pairing failure.
Seeing your Verizon router’s yellow light blinking indicates you have a connection issue. It is a common situation that should not get you worried. If you follow the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to resolve your Verizon router issue.
Furthermore, properly maintaining your router can help improve its lifespan. Take advantage of the reset button before contacting customer service for a solution for your Verizon router.